Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Tonight i pureed my own pumpkin!

Right I'm doing this from my phone so i don't even know if i can post pics BUT tonight i found a method on the Pioneer Woman  to tell you how to puree your own pumpkin.  So i did. Try. 

This is what I'm aiming for...
I roasted it in chunks and then took the skin off. It was awfully watery, which it wasn't in her photo, but I seived it to get rid of the excess. Then i blitzed it in a food processor and drained it some more! Them i looked for something to make it with. 
My pumpkin.

Yesterday i found a Hummingbird bakery book at 2 for  £10 in WH Smith (i got Tom Kerridge too) and in there is a pumpkin roulade thing. 

So its in the oven just now. I'll update when it's out...
Ooh i also started making my Christmas limoncello so that's happily infusing in the cupboard!
Fingers crossed...
Limoncello stage one!
15 minutes later...
The cake's out the oven!  It's a bit pale!
To be fair, the other side looked a bit better!  Well, darker.
Cream cheese frosting...
Unfortunately I forgot that butter wrapper has metal in it, and I put it in the microwave to soften it a bit.  Oops.  
It was a lovely light show though :)
And all for..  Doo doo doo dooooooooo...
IT WORKED!!!!!
Look at all that lovely cakiness!!!
The view from above!
Unfortunately (I should probably get that word on auto-use, I can tell it's going to be used a lot lol) when I attempted to slice it, a lot of the filling squished out the end.  I never understood how people managed to make roulade neatly.  
Anyway, I just scooped up the frosting stuff and shoved it on top!!  It's bloody lovely :D  Even Andrew likes it, and that's saying something!!!
A slice!
An actual bake!!!!  I made that!!  From a book and I didn't even make any of it up!!!  WOOOOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment