Saturday, 18 October 2014

This morning I used up stuff that was about to go bad.

This morning I woke up with the intention of making a cake.  I still intend to, but first I decided to make stuff with the butternut squash and potatoes that were in the process of going off in the kitchen.  I always do that - buy things with the intention of making something lovely, then just don't!

So I made roasted butternut squash.  Ooh how exciting...  

Squtternut Bosh

I was thinking of doing something else with it so my next task is to find something to make with roasted butternut squash!!!

I also had to use up the tatties, so I opted for dauphenois (I had some double cream that I got earlier in the week, that actually went off a couple of days ago - but it still smells ok so bugger it).  Creamy, potatoey, garlicky goodness :D 

Dauphenois. Nom.

I'll probably be back later to update the cake attempt.

It was disastrous.  The first attempt of chocolate buttercream split bad and - as per the next photo - it was cuttable with a knife.  Not ideal.  But I pressed on and made another batch.

Which I then split again!!  This time I didn't use butter, only melted Dairy Milk and icing sugar.  It still split.  

But fuck it, I used it anyway!!

It's very dry, and could probably so with a ganache or something over the top of it but I'm out of ingredients lol!!


TA DA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment