Sunday, 12 October 2014

Here we go again.

Sorry about that, I'm not quite sure what happened.

Because of that, I'm going to just quickly pop up some pictures of my savoury stuff, then my sweet stuff (ooh, aren't you in for a treat...). 

Stuffed peppers.  Bachelors Savoury Rice is my favourite ingredient :)

The inside of the stuffed peppers.
A homemade burger that didn't fall apart!!  Well, it did when all the juice started running out and ruined the roll, but still...
Minestrone soup.  This looks ok, to be fair.  Tasted amazing!
Massive stir fry fail.
Now, for some reason, I cannot make a stir fry.  The one in the picture above was totally tasteless.  In it, I put beef strips (yum), stir fry veg (yum), soy sauce (yum) and some sort of stir fry sauce (yum).

You know what it tasted of?

Nothing.  Just nothing.  Not even meat!  It tasted of texture.  It was totally rubbish.

Quorn lasagne.
A while back, I went through a Quorn phase.  The mince I found to be a half-decent substitute for cow.  The lasagne in the picture above was actually not too bad.  However...
Quorn casserole.
This was totally tasteless.  I used the Quorn pieces instead of chicken, and basically just shoved in other random stuff I could find that was in the cupboard and fridge.  I needed a fair amount of juice to wash the portion I had down. 

I think the rest went in the bin.  I'm not usually one for waste, but sometimes things just can't exist.

My first ever Yorkshire puddings :)
My final step in the savoury journey that brought me here.  These were the first Yorkshire puddings that I managed to make.  There were many, many variations of this before I reached this (unfortunately I can't find pictures, sorry).  I now think I'm quite a Yorkie master (as long as I still have the recipe in front of me!).

So that's my savoury journey.  Join me next time (haha) for my sweet adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment