Tonight i decided to make some scones, and also that i wanted to be fancy. So i set about the kitchen and got my mixing bowls out (new colourful ones that Andrews sister got me for my birthday- right fancy!) and got mixing!
When i said i wasn't making plain ones, Andrews face fell, so i started with them. Start simple and get more complicated, i thought.
It turns out my lack of imagination stretches further than being shit at choosing Christmas presents.
As soon as I'd mixed my scone mix, i had absolutely no idea what to put in. I searched my cupboards for ideas and eventually found some chocolate that i bought for making hot chocolate (ho cho, i heard recently). Game on, i thought. Chocolate scones!
They worked!
So, feeling a wee bit more confident, i decided to make a savoury mixture (I thought this would be really complicated, then realised all i had to do was leave out the sugar haha).
Cheese! Cheese was calling me!
Ooooh and chilli powder!
So cheese and chilli went in next!
Then i got all fancy when i found one of those wee portions of blue cheese you get in pick n mix cheese counters! I decided to make it even more fancy by putting salt and pepper on top! Get me!!!
I'm not entirely sure what happened, but they resemble snails. They rose a bit funny...
The last batch, i decided to split and make half sweet and half savoury, because i am now a scone queen and know how to do that shit!! Another rake of the cupboards found half a bar of white chocolate, so in it went!
Finally, i chopped up some ham and chucked it into the last lot and mixed up a mustard glaze for the top!
Oh yes! Fucking mustard-glazed ham scones!
Once i take them into work tomorrow and force my Easties to try them I'll see about future experiments...
No comments:
Post a Comment